Block 4 involved quite a bit of applique and I chose to do more needle turn applique as this is the method I have the least experience with. Consequently this block took me longer than usual, particularly as the pieces for the flowers are very small. The photo is not as clear as it could be but you get the idea!
So on to Block 5! I was glad to see some piecing after all that close up stitching. My eyesight was not loving it as I haven't quite found the right spot for my magnifying light in our new home. I need to get another power board so I can do handsewing more easily in our family room.
I liked the look of this block so much I decided to make two in different colour combinations. I felt my blocks so far are quite white so I went for some colour with these two.
I'm off this weekend for my six monthly sewing weekend with the girls. This time Doreen isn't able to come but my mum in law Betty is coming along and I'm sure she'll have a great time with us. The family is slowly taking over as out of 7 of us we now have 4 of us who are related!
As usual we will be off to Wallaroo staying at a beach house at North Beach with this awful view from my machine: