Well I've managed to find the time to put together my first block in the Celestial Star Quiltalong being hosted by Dianne at From Blank Pages.
I made some new practice sketches as I wasn't entirely happy with my first ones here.
Then I cut out the templates to use for cutting the fabric pieces. I haven't done this before for paper piecing and it did seem to take the guess work out of it a bit. It also helps with fussy cutting pieces if you need to.
Then I got my individual pieces put together on the weekend.
I couldn't resist laying out the pieces to see if it was all going to work and I decided I like it!
Tonight I quickly jumped on the machine after work and despite multiple interruptions I managed to get my block put together!
I'm really happy with the black and white fabrics I've chosen for the background. I felt the solid black I started out planning to use would be too harsh and I think these are a good compromise.