I spent quite a while carefully cutting out all my pieces, a job that would have been easier had my rotary cutter blade been sharper! I don't use my small rotary cutter very often but for this job it was essential, shame it was very blunt! Never mind I got there in the end with all my fingers and templates intact!
This is the first block:
I haven't finished the second block yet as I was running out of sewing time and decided to work on my September Quilting Block Swap Australia block so I could post it while shopping yesterday.
My partner this month was Kym in Queensland and she asked for a log cabin in purple and yellow with an orange centre, shading from light in the centre to darker shades on the outside. My only problem with this block was finding enough yellows as I seem to have used all mine somehow! I did find a couple that would fit the bill at Spotlight and this is what I came up with:
I hope she likes it. Well that's it for me today, time to go catch up on all the Quilt Club Australia news!
Thanks for stopping by!