Following on from my post about my June UFO here I have managed to get myself organised and finish it! In my last post I had got as far as stitching the wadding to the organza.
The next stage was to pin and sandwich it to the backing fabric:
Then I quilted it
Then I rinsed out the water soluble thread and trimmed it up
Then I made it into a cushion.
I did have some little spots where I nicked the organza and didn't quite catch it in the stitching but for a first go it turned out okay!
I also discovered how hard it is to take a photo of organza, it always shines even though it doesn't look shiny on the cushion in real life!
With that project out of the way I managed to crack on and finish quilting the rest of my May project, my second Star Surround baby quilt. Then I had to wait for a brief moment of sunshine in a very wet and grey week to snap a photo!
Pretty happy with this one. I resisted the urge to keep quilting as I wanted it to stay a bit softer as its will be for a baby.
Back on track with the UFO quiltalong Twelve in 2014 at Marti's 52 Quilts in 52 Weeks.
Thanks for visiting my blog today,