After sewing all my blocks together last weekend at my sewing retreat I managed to get the cot sized version sewn together today.
I do want to add a white border to it to make it a shade larger and I may either add a scrappy border followed by another white or I might just do a scrappy binding and leave it at that. I want to think about it for a bit longer before I decide for sure. This is as finished as this quilt is going to get (lucky the baby its for won't be here until February). I had wondered to myself if there was a shade too much pink in this one to be neutral but I found out today that the baby is a girl so that won't be a problem!
As I originally planned a quilt which would have been 4 x 4 this does leave me with 10 blocks left over.
I'm going to put them together like this (although I may rearrange them slightly) and use one in a cushion.
Only problem is they won't get put together before the final link up so the cot quilt is my finish. My 82 year old father-in-law is in hospital at the moment after a major operation and not doing so well right now having developed pneumonia so there won't be any time for sewing in the short term.
Fingers crossed tomorrow brings some improvement in his condition.