I've been a bit slack of late but have been meaning to share a project I started collecting fabrics for last year after finding a blue fabric I had to have and then finding the right project. I wanted a hand stitched project for me to do in front of the TV at night when I can't work on my sewing machine (given that it lives in the hallway outside all the bedrooms night sewing is not an option in this house!). My goal was a quilt for me as I have made a few for other people but still don't have anything I can use!
I found a pattern called Cathedral Ceiling by Leesa Chandler in one of my old Australian Patchwork & Quilting magazines and then set about collecting some co-ordinating fabrics, all in blues as I would like this quilt to go on our bed and our room is blue.
Anyhoo, I started making the little dresden plates in the blues and before long I had quite a few. I realised I hadn't taken a photo of this project so here are the plates I have so far:
If I make the quilt the same size as the pattern I will need 144 plates but I might drop the size a little to 121 as I think it might be too large. I already have just over 60 so I'm half way there on the blue units. I plan to use more of the blue patterned fabric (the one in the centre of the photo with a touch of red in it) as that is the fabric I originally found. I also really love the fabric at the bottom left and will probably use as much of that as I have too!
These pieces will be put together with a contrast fabric which I'm thinking might be something like this:
Speaking of blues, I'm taking part in a Rainbow Charm Swap at Quilting Club Australia (a group on Facebook) and no surprise there that I chose blue for my contribution! These are the fabrics I used for mine:
I finished my star quilt top today but no photo yet so I'll post about that in a day or two once I've got some eye candy to show you! I'm really happy with it, can't wait to show it off!
Thanks for stopping by,