Doesn't that sound fancy? Don't get too excited, my fabric storage system is currently 4 small plastic tubs, a fat quarter bag and a couple of interesting boxes. It just sounds much more sophisticated when you give it a flashy name!
Anyway I took everything out and then sorted it into colours and re-packed it all and what do you know, it all fit back in! Do you know what that means? Due to space limitations I can only buy fabric if I have somewhere to store it and I was pretty sure after my last online splurge a couple of months back that I had over-reached my maximum capacity.
Seeing I fit it all back in I think that means I can buy some more in November when I go to (a) Quilt and Craft Fair and (b) away for my 50th birthday to Aldinga Beach. Seriously, there is a disproportionate number of quilt shops in the Aldinga Beach/McLaren Vale area and I mean to visit them all - look out here I come! I wonder if there's a link between all these quilting stores and the fact that McLarenVale is a great wine district? Hmmmmm, better do some research on that while I'm there!
In the interests of accountability I figure if I list it here I may just have to keep on top of it and try not to add anything to it (wishful thinking but we'll give it a whirl!) so here it is!
Project 'To Do' List
- Finish binding on wildflower wallhanging - to send to Canada for Christmas - too late for the sea mail - rats!
- Red, Black & White swap block quilt - finish quilting and bind - another Christmas pressie - this seriously needs a new name - anyone got any suggestions?
- Craftsy BOM quilt - sandwich, quilt & bind - yet another Christmas pressie!
- Wallhanging for mother-in-law - piece border, sandwich, quilt & bind - and yes, another Christmas pressie - eeek!
- Native floral table runner - maybe to send overseas(?)
- Native wildflower quilt - finish quilting and bind - not necessarily for Christmas but it would be nice if it was done so I could
shocksurprise my other half by finishing it!
- Star Quilt - sandwich, quilt, bind and use! (This quilt is for me - the first one I've made especially for me so I want it done before next winter!)
- Continue piecing hand stitched blue Cathedral Ceiling quilt - long term project for our room - no rush on this one!
- Pillow for Kieran using leftover Chinese symbol to go with his dragon quilt.
- Pillow for Simon using penguin fabric I bought online too long ago.
- Doggy quilts for Molly before old blanket falls apart.
- Bag each for Kerry and Sue - preferably for Christmas this year but unlikely so maybe for next year!
- Crumb Quilt from tiny scraps -maybe on sewing retreat in March?
- Rainbow string blocks -maybe on sewing retreat in March?
- Rainbow quilt with rainbow charms from Quilt Club Australia charm swap - by end of March?
- Baby quilt using Peter Rabbit squares - just because they're there and need using. Donate somewhere?
- Quilt for Auntie Betty - tube quilt?
- Mariner's Compass quilt using ruler set bought in 2011!
- Shadow Trapunto Quilt from Geta Grama's book
- Scrap quilt using charms from swaps and my scrap squares
- I Spy quilt
- Christmas Charms - project to use them on - placemats?
How many projects are on your 'To Do' list?
Hope you've enjoyed my fabric photos in this post - these have all been added to my stash this year! (Don't show this to my hubby - its on a need to know basis and he doesn't need to know - or he'll be out buying more finches for his aviary!).
Thanks for reading my blog today!