No more excuses, a decision needed to be made! Not exactly helped by my dog who insisted on parking herself on the quilt when I tried to spread it out for a look. No quilt is complete without her input!
Okay so lets try that again but without the dog model! So as you can see no corners but I kind of like it that way. In the end I decided it was an awkward shape for a bed and this quilt is really a double bed size or a generous king single.
I liked the way it worked at the foot of the bed (sorry I don't have a photo on the bed) but it didn't look right at the top so I decided to add black corners to the top only, a relatively easy fix. I plan to quilt some star shapes into the black to add interest as I had thought I might add half stars to the corners but I think adding interest in the quilting will be the way to go.
I managed to get it sandwiched and ready to quilt (having just exactly the right amount of wadding left from my last purchase), only to find I don't have any black quilting thread....sigh! I'm happy to get some colour happening on the stars but I do want to stabilise it by ditch stitching the black sashing so looks like I'll need to order some.
As luck would have it I received a lovely Aurifil colour chart in the mail last week which I ordered from Ms Midge.
Thanks for visiting my blog today,