2013 - The Year That Was!
Make curtains for Auntie Betty before end of January when she comes back from WA!Done Native wildflower quilt/wallhanging (partly quilted)- finish quilting and bindDone
- Rainbow quilt with rainbow charms from Quilt Club Australia charm swap - used some of the fabric I had put away for this so need to buy more solid black!
Star Quilt - sandwich, quilt, bind and use! (This quilt is for me - the first one I've made especially for me so I want it done before next winter!)
- Continue piecing hand stitched blue Cathedral Ceiling quilt - long term project for our room - no rush on this one! Going well, 10 more blue blocks and 31 yellow blocks to go. Haven't done much on this for a while but no deadline so that's okay!
Pillow for Kieran using leftover Chinese symbol to go with his dragon quilt.Done Pillow for Simon using penguin fabric I bought online too long ago.Done + extra pillow for hubby as well! Doggy quilts for Molly before old blanket falls apart.Done and sadly Molly is no longer with us. Bag each for Kerry and SueDone Make some more card wallets for Christmas presents to match bags for Kerry and Sue. Done Bag or other project for Vanessa using Union Jack made to test Molli Sparkles' tutorial. - Perhaps in time for her birthday in September?Done - I made a passport holder
- Crumb blocks from tiny scraps -maybe on sewing retreat in
MarchAugust? Did make four of these blocks. Another sewing retreat in March so might get more done then!
- Rainbow string blocks or other scrap project -maybe on sewing retreat in
March? August None done yet but now have a lot more scraps for this project - another job for the March sewing retreat. Quilt for Auntie Betty - tube quilt? - for birthday in October- Done, although not in time for her birthday so I'm giving it to her for Christmas!
- Mariner's Compass quilt using ruler set bought in 2011! Job for 2014 - want to use this to make a quilt for my brother
- Shadow Trapunto Quilt from Geta Grama's book - This is December's UFO project and unlikely to happen I think! Another for 2014
- Scrap quilt using mixed charms from swaps and my scrap squares Have made a few blocks and have used some of the charms/squares in other projects
Native floral table runner - maybe to send overseas(?)Done, mailed and received by Kymberley & Scott in Canada!
- I Spy quilt - long term project as not needed at the moment Not started as this is more of a 'one day down the track' project
- Christmas Charms - project to use them on - placemats? This was one of my UFO projects in the missing months of family dramas so no progress
- Baby quilt using Peter Rabbit squares - just because they're there and need using. Donate somewhere? Again another UFO project from the last couple of months so again no progress!
I added a few more items to the initial list though!
quilt Something New Sampler from quiltalong earlier in the year for Vanessa for ChristmasDone and on its way to the UK for Christmas And Sew On BOM on Quiet Play blog - only 2 blocks to go! Quilting Block Swap Australia blocks received - make into a quilt- Top finished, might get it quilted in 2014
- I have also decided to join in on the Star Surround Quiltalong - Finished all the blocks and have made quilt top for cot quilt. Need to finish sewing other blocks together for lap quilt. Cot quilt is No. 1 job for 2014 as niece's baby due 1st February!
So on to 2014. I need to pull out all my UFOs and planned projects and make a list but I'm thinking my overall plan this year should be to work on some scrappy projects, finish (or should that be start) the leftover projects from this year and also work on my free motion quilting. My particular goal with that is to conquer feathers. I have yet to move past the stage of practicing with paper and pencil and need to have a crack at it for real.
Over the Christmas break I will work on my 2014 plans. I understand that Marti at 52 Quilts is planning on hosting her UFO along again in 2014 so I'm definitely taking part again. It really got me moving this year!
What's your UFO list like? Maybe you might like to join in too!